Looking for a great place to work? A company where open culture means empowerment and teamwork? We want people with a passion for what they do and for the desire to achieve personal growth. To be more tomorrow than they are today! If this is the type of place you want then think Automation West. To apply for your perfect job then please submit a resume to email@example.com. Once our Recruiting team has a chance to review your details and can fit you into our team, they will get back to you.
Why Automation West?
At Automation West, our view on compensation is built on a fair market salary. In addition, we think there should be some extras:
- Flexible benefits, have to make life a little easier!
- Our culture, a job should not be just work.
Automation West’s diversity and equality philosophy
Automation West is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Automation West’s hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely based on the applicants’ qualifications. We do not discriminate against applicants based on national or ethnic origin, colour, race, age, marital status, family status, sex, sexual orientation, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted. Automation West’s Recruitment team only accepts applications online for any position.
Valve Automation Assembly and Field Service Technician
Automation West Technology is a design and manufacturing firm for valve automation and related pneumatic, high pressure gas, hydraulic and electric controls, and telemetry. AWT provides consulting, technical design services and engineering for natural gas and oil – pipeline and station valve automation.
The Valve Automation Assembly and Field Service Technician works with our engineering and technical team to provide support for our valve automation products and will be responsible for the assembly and testing of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems including valves, pumps, and other mechanical or electro-mechanical products sold by Automation West Technologies. Depending on the project design, our technicians combine our own components with a supplier’s products or bring multiple suppliers’ products together to provide end product to our customer. Due to the variety of components and variation of builds, unique assembly abilities are needed.
- Assembles hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance to work order using hand and power tools
- Tests all assembled systems for standard expectations of quality, quantity, and time
- Maintains system accuracy by updating inventory records for parts used, defective parts, and additional parts needed
- Assists customers with needs assessment and completes repairs
- Coordinates with material handling, sales and others to expedite orders.
- Maintain safe and orderly work area
- Travel to sites (Western Canada and US) to assist with installation, start-up, commissioning, service calls and maintenance on machine sold
- Travel to various sites to collect data and assist clients with installation, start-up, commissioning, service calls and maintenance on machines sold
- Travel to visit sites to collect data to assist the sales and engineering teams
- Other duties as assigned
Work experience requirements
- Working knowledge of fluid power, preferred
- 1-5 years of Assembly or Shop experience preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize to be able to meet the expectations of the customer with respect to quantity and timing
- Detail oriented is extremely important to provide the highest level of quality
- Customer focused
- Driver license
- Valid Passport (Canada and US with no travel restriction)
- High School Diploma or GED as a minimum
- WHMIS, PST, Construction Safety, First Aid for Industry, H2S alive training certificates is considered an asset
- 2-year degree in Fluid power, Mechatronics or other mechanical or electro-mechanical disciplines strongly preferred